Κυριακή 27 Μαρτίου 2011

The Ugly, the Bad, and the Basically Good - Βία και επιθετικότητα στην εφηβική ηλικία

From about age 13 to 21, I got in dozens and dozens of fist fights. These fights were usually brief and ended up with the other guy flat on the ground, cold as ice. People referred to my right arm as the ‘mx missile’, as my special skill was to knock people unconscious with but a single laser-focused punch. I knew exactly where to hit people, and I hit really hard. My punches came from about four feet down in the earth and had a certain rock solid quality to them.

After a couple of years of Tae Kwon Do training I explored kickboxing for a short time, having one fight in the ring at a full house in the old Halifax Forum. In the main event of a multi-fight card, I fought a contender who the following year would become the Canadian heavyweight Tae Kwon Do Champion, and would be hired by the police force to train them in hand-to-hand combat. With a single right hand to the jaw, I found it relatively easy to knock him unconscious in the first seconds of the second round.

I was especially talented at hurting people, and I also had a great passion for it. So it was a surprising and fortunate turn of fate that I would get into Buddhism while still a teenager.

[...]
If you want to read more about dealing with aggression click here

Το φαινόμενο της βίας, της επιθετικότητας και του εκφοβισμού στα ελληνικά σχολεία αρχίζει επιτέλους να προβληματίζει:

- Εγκύκλιος Υπουργείου για τη βία και επιθετικότητα στα σχολεία
http://perieidikisagwgis.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-post_17.html